Top 7 Benefits of Kale and Kale Chips
This site’s goal is to provide a variety of quality kale chips recipes. Because of the large number of health benefits kale and kale chips has been hailed as one of the best superfoods. Kale has been recognized for its exceptional nutrient content, numerous health benefits and fantastic flavor. There are many different benefits to eating kale and making kale chips. Here are 7 of the top benefits.
1. Kale is very low in calories, high in fiber and has zero fat! These things make kale the perfect food for dieters or those looking to lose a few pounds. One cup of kale contains a measly36 calories and a whopping 5 grams of fiber.
2. Kale is high in antioxidants which can reduce the risk of cancer. Kale is a great source of carotenoids and flavonoids, two antioxidants that help fight against free radicals which are molecules responsible for aging and tissue damage. These two antioxidants are the specific types of antioxidants associated with many of the anti-cancer health benefits.
3. Kale is a great source of the powerhouse nutrients Vitamins A, C and K. One cup of kale provides 192% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin A, 88% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C and 1327% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin K.
4. Kale helps lower cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease. The high fiber content of kale binds bile acids which helps lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
5. Kale is an inexpensive way to get your daily recommended servings of veggies. One cup of kale provides a serving of vegetables. The USDA says that the average price for a cup of kale is .60. This amount of kale will make a good portion of kale chips.
6. There are many different ways to prepare kale and kale chips. Kale can be consumed raw in a salad or cooked and served as a side dish. Searching our site will give you a lot of different recipes for kale chips which are a quick and easy way to eat kale.
7. Growing kale in a garden is really easy. Kale is very cold hardy and resilient. You can start growing kale in early spring and grow it until the summer weather gets too hot and you can grow a second crop in the fall. It only takes 2 months from planting seeds to harvest and each plant will provide a bounty of kale.