Chili Sauce Kale Chips Recipe
Here is a fun and spicy kale chips recipe that adds an interesting flavor to the kale. These would go great as an appetizer or as a snack.
- 1 bunch of kale (kale with curly leaves works best, about 6-8 stalks)
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 tsp of Sriracha Chili Sauce (if you like really spicy food you can add 2 tsp)
- a sprinkling of seasalt or seasoned salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (aluminum foil is an option if you do not have parchment paper).
- Wash the kale and ensure it is dry before continuing. You can pat the kale with paper towels or put the kale into a salad spinner. The salad spinner may be easier to use after completing the next step.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite sized pieces. You do not want to use the stalks so tear the leaves away from the center stalks.
- Put the kale into a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and and sriracha sauce. Stir around very well to ensure it is equally coated.
- Pour the kale out onto the cookie sheet. Sprinkle salt generously on the top of the kale.
- Bake in the oven until the edges start to brown but be sure not to let it burn. Depending upon your oven this usually takes 8-15 minutes. These may take a minute or so longer because of the extra moisture in the sriracha sauce.
Once made eat the kale chips within a few hours. If you try to store the kale chips they tend to get soggy so don’t make large batches.
As a bonus spicy food like the chili peppers in the Sriracha sauce have been known to help with weight loss. Studies have shown that a spicy meal can provide a temporary rise in metabolism of about 8% greater than a person’s typical metabolic rate. This temporary boost in metabolic rate may help to suppress your desire to eat. So before your next meal enjoy this newest addition to the Kale Chips Recipes lineup!