Kale chips are all the rage because they are a good alternative to high calorie potato chips, are quick and easy to make at home and are very inexpensive. Everyone loves these kale chips recipes, including kids!
Here is the basic kale chips recipe:
- 1 bunch of kale (kale with curly leaves works best)
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 tsp of seasalt or seasoned salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (aluminum foil is an option if you do not have parchment paper).
- Wash the kale and ensure it is dry before continuing. You can pat the kale with paper towels or put the kale into a salad spinner. The salad spinner may be easier to use after completing the next step.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite sized pieces. You do not want to use the stalks so tear the leaves away from the center stalks.
- Put the kale into a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and salt. Stir around very well to ensure it is equally coated.
- Pour the kale out onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven until the edges start to brown but be sure not to let it burn. Depending upon your oven this usually takes 8-15 minutes.
Once made eat the kale chips within a few hours. If you try to store the kale chips they tend to get soggy so don’t make large batches. In another post I will detail how to make these in a dehydrator which helps retain more of the nutrition in the kale. Stay tuned for more kale chips recipes!
Here are some addtional kale chips recipes you may enjoy:
- Kale Chips Rule – Tonight’s blog post title pretty much sums up how I feel about kale chips. They rule! I don’t know how I could have ever forgotten about kale chips!?! I haven’t made them since May 2008, which is totally crazy, right? Where has.
- Recipes for healthy kids – Kale Chips Servings: 4. Ingredients: 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sea salt, for sprinkling. Instructions: Preheat the oven to 275 °F. Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 ½-inch …
- How to Make Delicious Kale Chips! – WithAmyMac.com – Kale is a superfood this is how to make it delicious by making kale chips!
- NOT a Salad: Curly Kale Crisps…Surprisingly Addictive | Making … – Surprisingly Addictive. Posted on January 29, 2011 by HeatherS. This is not a salad. This is a bowl of crispy, salty, addictive chips. No…really. My friend Paula told me about these chips weeks ago, how delicious they were, how her kids loved …